Water, Peace and Migration
UNECE is organizing a session on Water, Peace and Migration on Tuesday 19 January, 11:15am - 12:45pm (CET), as part of a four day high-level event Water and Beyond - EU transformative approaches for international partnerships. The high level event is hosted by the European Commission Directorate-General for International Partnerships and the Government of Slovenia, with the support of the Government of Portugal as the Presidency of the Council of the European Union. It is addressed to policy-makers, decision-makers and stakeholders who can contribute to ensuring the availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.
- Facilitator: Monika Weber-Fahr, Senior Advisor, Water Global Solutions Group, World Bank (WB)
- Keynote by Dominic Porter, Head of Division, Economic and Global Issues, European External Action Service (EEAS)
- Keynote by Olga Algayerova, Executive Secretary, the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE)
11:40-12:15 Panel discussion
- Aleš Bizjak, International Water Policy Expert, Ministry of the Environment and Spatial Planning, Slovenia
- Ben Ampomah, Executive Secretary, Water Resources Commission, Ghana
- Mamman Nuhu, Executive Secretary, Lake Chad Commission
- Dina Ionesco, Head of Migration, Environment and Climate Change Division, International Organisation for Migration (IOM)
- Muna Luqman, Founder and Chairperson of Food4Humanity, Yemen
12:15-12:45 Interaction with the audience
More information available here.
Download the Agenda.