For its fourth consecutive year, the Humanitarian Networks and Partnerships Week (HNPW 2018) will be held at the International Conference Centre (CICG) in Geneva, Switzerland from 5-9 February 2018.
The event will host the annual meetings of more than 30 Networks and Partnerships on Monday-Tuesday and Thursday-Friday, where common operational challenges will be discussed and solved.
The Inter-Network Day on Wednesday 7 February is open to all humanitarian experts and offers a unique opportunity to work across existing Networks and Partnerships and to explore interesting initiatives that foster better collaboration.
The Platform on Disaster Displacement (PDD) together with the UN Migration Agency (IOM), the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC), and the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) are organizing a thematic station during the 2018 HNPW Inter-Network Day on the topic of environmental migration and disaster displacement. The event will try to answer the following questions:
- How can preparedness for disaster displacement be included in humanitarian response plans and integrated with development plans and strategies?
- How can DRR and climate change adaptation measures be used to build resilience, reduce displacement risks and support preparedness for internal and cross-border disaster-displacement?
- How can the existing networks integrate efforts to prevent, reduce and address disaster displacement?
- What role is there for humanitarians in situations of large-scale displacement that is linked to both disasters and conflict?
- How can data and knowledge production as well as sharing among key stakeholders on disaster displacement be improved?