On 22 April 2022, IOM Director General António Vitorino signed The Climate and Environment Charter for Humanitarian Organizations.
IOM commits to step up its response to humanitarian needs and help people adapt to the impacts of the climate and environmental crises.
The commitments in the Climate and Environment Charter offer a set of principles to guide humanitarian action in response to the climate and environmental crises.
- COMMITMENT 1 - Step up our response to growing humanitarian needs and help people adapt to the impacts of the climate and environmental crises.
- COMMITMENT 2 - Maximize the environmental sustainability of our work and rapidly reduce our greenhouse gas emissions.
- COMMITMENT 3 - Embrace the leadership of local actors and communities.
- COMMITMENT 4 - Increase our capacity to understand climate and environmental risks and develop evidence-based solutions.
- COMMITMENT 5 - Work collaboratively across the humanitarian sector and beyond to strengthen climate and environmental action.
- COMMITMENT 6 - Use our influence to mobilize urgent and more ambitious climate action and environmental protection.
Page under construction. More information will be uploaded.