Addressing displacement and migration in the context of climate change: partnerships and integrated approaches for action and support.
16 Nov 2022, 11:00am
At EU Pavilion at COP27
This COP27 side event will explore pathways for strengthened institutional commitment and operational approaches to addressing the challenges of human mobility in the context of climate change.
The event will focus on: defining policy priorities; strengthening coherence across technical/policy sectors, regions and stakeholder groups; understanding the interlinkages of loss & damage and human mobility; generating, improving and leveraging evidence; and designing context-specific and effective interventions.
Moderator: Koko Warner Manager, Vulnerability subdivision Adaptation division at UNFCCC
- Stefano Signore, Head of Unit DG INTPA F1 Sustainable Energy Climate Change and Nuclear Safety European Commission
- Farah Kabir, Country Director Action Aid Bangladesh
- Ugochi Daniels, Deputy Director General for Operations International Organisation for Migration
- Jennifer Waleska Zamora Arenales, Head of the Department of Vulnerability and Adaptation to Climate Change Ministry of Environment, Guatemala
- Atle Solberg, Head of the Secretariat Platform on Disaster Displacement