Building community resilience and addressing human mobility challenges and opportunities in the context of water-related impacts of climate change
16 Nov 2022, 16:45pm
IOM, Avina Fundacion
At Water Pavilion at COP27
This COP27 side event will share experiences and stories of resilience building at community and city levels from Africa, Eastern Europe and Central Asia, and Latin America.
The event will bring together the representatives of the governments who are implementing water-related adaptation initiatives.
Also, the event will provide a platform for presenting the result of consultations by the Latin American Resilience Hub.
- Banak Joshua Dei Wal, Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs & Disaster Management, the Government of South Sudan
- Eva Tomič, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Slovenia
- Paz González, Fundación Avina
- Umayra Taghiyeva, Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources (MENR), the Government of Azerbaijan
- Manuel Marques Pereira, IOM
- Manuel Eckert
Simultaneous interpretation available: Arabic, French, English, Spanish