COP26 Side Event: Building a comprehensive regional approach to climate mobility: learnings from the Pacific Climate Change Migration and Human Security (PCCMHS) programme
09 Nov 2021, 11:30am
This COP26 side event will showcase the work of the Joint-Working Group on climate related mobility, chaired by the Government of Fiji and Tuvalu, that is advancing work with respect to a regional framework to address climate change related migration, displacement and planned relocation. The side event will also present key messages and innovative ideas from the PCCMHS programme.
Read the Press Release: PCCMHS Hosts Successful COP26 Side Event on Climate-related Mobility
- Recording Hon. Simon Kofe, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Tuvalu
- Recording Hon. Aiyaz Saiyed Khaiyum, Attorney-General, Minister for Economy and the Minister responsible for Climate Change, Fiji
- Recording Ms. Armida Salsiah Alisjahbana, ESCAP Executive Secretary
- Recording Mr. Henry Puna, PIFS Secretary General
- Recording H.E Kay Harrison, Climate Change Ambassador, New Zealand
- Recording Dr. Maria Nenette Motus, IOM Regional Director for Asia and the Pacific
- Recording Ms Chihoko Asada-Miyakawa, ILO Assistant Director-General and Regional Director for Asia and the Pacific
- Recording Ms. Heike Alefsen, Regional Representative for the Pacific, OHCHR
- Recording Mr. Atle Solberg, Head of Secretariat, Platform on Disaster Displacement
For more information on the Regional Programme [PCCMHS] Enhancing protection and empowerment of migrants and communities affected by climate change and disasters in the Pacific region.
Other IOM Event