How Can the Humanitarian-Development-Peace Nexus Support Addressing the Impacts of Climate Change on Conflicts and Human Mobility in Africa?
29 Sep 2022, 09:00am
IOM invites you to the IOM-organized virtual TICAD 8 official side event: How can the Humanitarian-Development-Peace Nexus support addressing the impacts of climate change on conflicts and human mobility in Africa?
Aligning with the themes of TICAD 8 “realizing a sustainable and resilient society based on human security” and “building sustainable peace and stability through supporting Africa’s own efforts”, this side-event provides a platform to deepen an understanding of the linkage between human mobility, climate change and disaster risks in fragile and conflict-affected counties and how the Humanitarian-Development-Peace Nexus (HDPN) approach could be leveraged for addressing the interlinkage and supporting Africa’s own efforts for sustainable peace and stability.
Moderator: Ms. Aissata Kane, Senior Regional Advisor for Sub-Saharan Africa, IOM
Opening remarks and Keynote speakers
- Ms. Amy Pope, Deputy Director General – Management and Reform, IOM
- H.E. Josefa Leonel Correia Sacko, Commissioner for Agriculture, Rural Development, Blue Economy, and Sustainable Environment, the African Union
- H.E. Ambassador Ahmed Abdel-Latif, Director-General of the Cairo International Center for Conflict Resolution, Peacekeeping and Peacebuilding
- Hon. Beatrice Atim Anywar, Minister of State for Environment, the Government of Uganda (tbc)
- Prof. Paul Tchawa, Secretary General of the Ministry of Environment, Protection of Nature and Sustainable Development, the Government of Cameroon
- Mr. Livaharimanitra Rajaonarisoa, Cadre d'Appui technique DAPRNE, Point focal SADC du MEDD, the Government of Madagascar
- Mr. Ryutaro Murotani, Senior Director / Head of Office of Peacebuilding, Governance and Peacebuilding Department, JICA Headquarters
The event will be available in English with simultaneuos interpretation in Arabic and French.
Read the press release.