ACW 2022: Innovative community practices for transformative adaptation and long- term resilience
30 Aug 2022, 11:00am
IOM, UNFCCC, UNDP, UNCDF
Tuesday, August 30, 2022
The International Organization for Migration (IOM), United Nations Climate Change (UNFCCC), the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), and the United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) invite you to their event during the Africa Climate Week on "Innovative community practices for transformative adaptation and long- term resilience".
It is widely known that climate change adaptation measures and approaches may involve unique practices engineered by communities. This session will highlight some of the successful practices to date while citing their enabling and inhibiting factors and measures for scaling-up.
- Ms. Hind Aïssaoui Bennani, Thematic Regional Specialist on Migration, Environment and Climate Change, International Organization for Migration
- Dr. Antoine Kalinganire, Coordinator for the ILC Africa Platform, Locally Managed Ecosystems
- Dr. Kamaye Maâzou, Executive Secretary, National Council for the Environment for Sustainable Development
- Mr. Khatary Mbaye, National Coordinator, Small Grants Programme (SGP), Senegal
- Ms Sweeny Binsari, Regional Climate Change and NRM Manager, Solidaridad
Further information regarding IOM's participation in the Africa Climate Week can be found here.