ACW 2022: Navigating the critical Water-Food-Energy nexus for Africa’s transformative adaptation and long-term resilience
31 Aug 2022, 09:00am
IOM, UNFCCC, AUC, IRENA
Wednesday, August 31, 2022
The International Organization for Migration (IOM), United Nations Climate Change (UNFCCC), the African Union Commission (AUC), and International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) invite you to their event during the Africa Climate Week on "Navigating the critical Water-Food-Energy nexus for Africa’s transformative adaptation and long-term resilience."
Climate change presents grave threats to the WEF sectors and their potential to contribute to transformative adaptation and long-term resilience. This session will explore what integrated and transformative approaches Africa could employ to meet its WEF needs for transformative adaptation and long-term resilience to climate change.
- Mr. Kidanemariam Jembere Tiruneh, Climate and Finance Adviser, Department of Agriculture, Rural Development, Blue Economy and Sustainable Environment, African Union Commission
- Mr. Walter de Oliveira, Sub-Regional Resilience Team Leader, Food and Agriculture Organization (TBC)
- Ms. Hind Aïssaoui Bennani, Thematic Regional Specialist on Migration, Environment, and Climate Change, International Organization for Migration
- Mr. Amjad Abdulla, Head of Partnerships, International Renewable Energy Agency
- Ms. Ambani Maurine, Focus-based Financing Regional Coordinator for Eastern Africa,World Food Programme (TBC)
Further information regarding IOM's participation in the Africa Climate Week can be found here.