Youth Panel Discussion during the Regional Inter-Ministerial Conference on Migration, Environment and Climate Change
27 Jul 2022, 10:50am
Speke Resort Munyonyo, Kampala, Uganda
IOM East and Horn of Africa; The Republic of Uganda, Ministry of Water and Environment; and the UNFCCC and EADB's Regional Collaboration Center in Kampala, Uganda.
Livestream (English)Livestream (French)Livestream (Arabic)
Venue: Albert Room, Speke Resort Munyonyo, Kampala, Uganda
As part of the Regional Inter-Ministerial Conference on Migration, Environment and Climate Change, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) Regional Office for East and Horn of Africa, The Republic of Uganda, Ministry of Water and Environment, and the UNFCCC and East African Development Bank's (EADB) Regional Collaboration Center in Kampala, Uganda are organizing a Youth Panel Discussion which will center around migration and climate change in the East and Horn of Africa.
Moderator: Ms. Rose Kobusinge
- Representative from the Government of Uganda, the Commissioner in Charge of Youth and Children Affairs
- Mr. Kamal Amakrane, Head of Africa Climate Migration Initiative
- H.E. Josefa Sacko, Commissioner for the Department of Agriculture, Rural Development, Blue Economy, and Sustainable Development (DARBE), African Union
- Youth Representative Mr. Siraji Birigigi
- Youth Representative Mr. Badraldeen Ali Bashir
- Youth Representative Ms. Feben Tamrat
The Youth Panel Discussion will conclude with a Question and Answer session with the audience.
Further information regarding the Regional Inter-Ministerial Conference can be found below: